Saturday, September 13, 2008

Patriots

Please visit

civilwarblogger.com






Flag Retirement Ceremony "A Moving Tribute to the American Flag"
by Dick Bloom


"Captured prisoners"

I recently viewed "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson in the lead, he portrayed Ben Martin a man who knew how to fight during the bloody Wilderness Campaign in 1755 but wanted no part of war no more. Unfortunately for the British he felt a vendetta in his heart when his one son was captured and another shot down in cold blood in full sight of his brothers and sisters.

That cruel action by a Brit officer stirred an emotional trigger that brought him to be called by the Brits "a ghost". The reason I bring this up is the word

Dictionary.com definition

"Patriot"
{1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, esp. of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

3. (initial capital letter) Military. a U.S. Army antiaircraft missile with a range of 37 mi. (60 km) and a 200-lb. (90 kg) warhead, launched from a tracked vehicle with radar and computer guidance and fire control.}
I have given much thought to the controversy that is being brought to light in this smoke and mirror magic show we choose to call an election.

I will be spreading this topic out over several posts!

"I am a veteran. I put my hand up is what makes me a veteran!"
D.Bloom

I worked as a photojournalist for a stretch of years of which included September 11, 2001 for a local newsrag in PA. Over many years and many heart wrenching events from various Veterans and Veterans Organizations. When questioned if I was a vet. I would always reply that I am a Vietnam era vet but not a "Nam" Veteran! The so called true strife which I was lead to believe I raised my hand to help stop, The "communist scourge" or at least the recruiter told me so and once upon a time in a land far far away....blahblah blah.I lost many friends to "Nam"some died there,some died from agent orange,and some from suicide, some are the walking dead still suffering "SHELL SHOCK" yet today Nam vets are dying every day. Some are HOMELESS and know exactly how many homes they OWN...!!

My last comment til next post.... does my hitch {no hero, no gun tot'n,not out of America service} make more of, not as much of, or even a patriot at all in the thoughts on patiotism of the upcoming election? You will see a new poll. Please take it......
Thanks
Happy trails til we meet again!

We may never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Speaking to Benjamin Vaughan, 14 March 1785.
We Americans have no commission from God to police the world.
~Benjamin Harrison

No comments: